Wednesday, January 31, 2007

F12

And speaking of Microsoft, Gates was on The Daily Show where Jon asked him if 5 years for Vista development wasn't a tad long in the computer realm and just what the F12 key does exactly.

Yes, Bill Gates representing the finest in American-style capitalism demonstrating (no doubt once again with his latest OS) you can produce horse-shit products and become a billionaire in the process.

As for the F12 key it probably does what any key does under a Microsoft operating system - leads to a crash or an error message. My F12 key on the other hand brings my handy little widgets in and out of my desktop.

I did purchase a new laptop in December though and I have to admit that Windows XP has run fast and flawlessly thus far. Of course that may have something to do with the fact that it's loaded on a MacBook Pro with Parallels software. It's taken a couple of decades but I will never have to own a PC again. A virtual desktop, like virtual reality ... sometimes it's just better.

Labels: , ,