Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Anticipation

So it appears Rove will be free to interfere with midterm elections.
"On June 12, 2006, special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald formally advised us that he does not anticipate seeking charges against Karl Rove," Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, said in a statement.[my emphasis]
On the other hand, I didn't anticipate a little old lady separating me from my motorcycle last summer either (I don't get how he could have only hurt his head - what, he didn't wear a helmet but he wore his pads. etc.?) and for a prosecutor who seems so meticulous maybe this is just his never say never caveat or maybe it isn't - perhaps it all depends on how well little Karl plays ball. Bigger fish (or major league asshole).

Ken I like the boys but they don't like me Mehlman is demanding an apology from Democrats on Rove's behalf because he's too stupid to comprehend that not being indicted is not being "cleared of any wrongdoing".

In related news, another innocent is still searching for the real killers.