Sunday, June 19, 2005

Watch For My Signal




Mr. CJ and I went and saw Batman begins at the local Imax theatre yesterday. It was pretty entertaining and I thought Christian Bale and Liam Neeson were very good in their roles. But if they were really going for a serious tone they could have left Katie Holmes at home with Mr. Scientology. We both agreed that IMAX really didn't do much for this particular film though we weren't quite sure how much was the IMAX experience vs the technique they used for filming the fight sequences. The clarity wasn't great, which I think was deliberate for the scenes in which Bale was Batman but it was also the case in earlier scenes during Wayne's learning phase and we both thought that perhaps IMAX brought you a little too close in those scenes. All in all not bad; I'd give it 3 1/2 stars (5 scale).